noun (plural same)
- A freshwater fish of the minnow family with a silvery body and red fins. Native to Eurasia, it has isolated populations in the northeastern US.
More example sentences
- Scardinius erythrophthalmus, family Cyprinidae
- The club has a lake near the Manor pub in Cheney Manor Road, stocked with fish such as perch, roach, tench, rudd, carp and pike.
- The coarse lake at Tewitfield continues to produce plenty of small carp, tench, roach, rudd and skimmers using maggot and casters fished on the drop.
- There I have caught bream, roach, rudd, tench, perch, pike, and gudgeon.
early 16th century: apparently related to archaic rud 'red color'.
More definitions of ruddDefinition of rudd in:
- The British & World English dictionary