Definition of rudd in English:
noun (plural same)
A freshwater fish of the minnow family with a silvery body and red fins. Native to Eurasia, it has isolated populations in the northeastern US.
- Scardinius erythrophthalmus, family Cyprinidae
- The club has a lake near the Manor pub in Cheney Manor Road, stocked with fish such as perch, roach, tench, rudd, carp and pike.
- The coarse lake at Tewitfield continues to produce plenty of small carp, tench, roach, rudd and skimmers using maggot and casters fished on the drop.
- There I have caught bream, roach, rudd, tench, perch, pike, and gudgeon.
Early 16th century: apparently related to archaic rud 'red color'.
Words that rhyme with ruddblood, bud, crud, cud, dud, flood, Judd, mud, scud, spud, stud, sudd, thud
Definition of rudd in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.