Definition of rudd in English:
noun (plural same)
A freshwater fish of the minnow family with a silvery body and red fins. Native to Eurasia, it has isolated populations in the northeastern US.
- Scardinius erythrophthalmus, family Cyprinidae
- The club has a lake near the Manor pub in Cheney Manor Road, stocked with fish such as perch, roach, tench, rudd, carp and pike.
- The coarse lake at Tewitfield continues to produce plenty of small carp, tench, roach, rudd and skimmers using maggot and casters fished on the drop.
- There I have caught bream, roach, rudd, tench, perch, pike, and gudgeon.
Early 16th century: apparently related to archaic rud 'red color'.
Words that rhyme with ruddblood, bud, crud, cud, dud, flood, Judd, mud, scud, spud, stud, sudd, thud
Definition of rudd in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan