Definition of ruffed grouse in English:
A North American woodland grouse that has a black ruff on the sides of the neck.
- Bonasa umbellus, family Tetraonidae (or Phasianidae)
- On the one hand, you have the uplands: home to the ruffed grouse and the woodcock, the ringneck pheasant, the bobwhite quail, and just possibly sharptail grouse and Hungarian partridge, too.
- And the Poconos' deciduous forests harbor a wealth of birds, ranging from the scarlet tanager to the ruffed grouse.
- The ruffed grouse is a nonmigratory, forest game bird.
Definition of ruffed grouse in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.