Definition of ruffed grouse in English:
A North American woodland grouse that has a black ruff on the sides of the neck.
- Bonasa umbellus, family Tetraonidae (or Phasianidae)
- On the one hand, you have the uplands: home to the ruffed grouse and the woodcock, the ringneck pheasant, the bobwhite quail, and just possibly sharptail grouse and Hungarian partridge, too.
- And the Poconos' deciduous forests harbor a wealth of birds, ranging from the scarlet tanager to the ruffed grouse.
- The ruffed grouse is a nonmigratory, forest game bird.
Definition of ruffed grouse in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan