- The restriction of the arbitrary exercise of power by subordinating it to well-defined and established laws.More example sentences
- The Prime Minister overrides the rule of law and declares a coroner's enquiry unnecessary.
- That decision demonstrated that this country upholds the rule of law and basic human rights.
- It is a fundamental requisite of the rule of law that the law should be made known.
More definitions of rule of lawDefinition of rule of law in:
- The British & World English dictionary