noun(usually rules of the road)
- A custom or law regulating the direction in which two vehicles (or riders or ships) should move to pass one another on meeting, or which should yield to the other, so as to avoid collision.More example sentences
- Free brochures are available on children's safety, life jackets, rules of the road, weather, hypothermia, and alcohol and boating.
- While it's a necessity to educate and encourage drivers of vehicles to obey the rules of the road, I wish the campaign would include the inconsiderate pedestrian.
- Cmdr Orchard said he was trying to get the message across that people need to slow down and obey the rules of the road.
More definitions of rule of the roadDefinition of rule of the road in:
- The British & World English dictionary