- A series of raised strips across a road or along its edge, changing the noise a vehicle’s tires make on the surface and so warning drivers of speed restrictions or of the edge of the road.More example sentences
- It was more effective than a speed limit sign, or a rumble strip, disfiguring stripes on the road or pious notices imploring drivers to take care.
- Know the warning signs of drowsy driving, such as not being able to remember the last few miles driven or hitting a rumble strip.
- Cycles do use the ring road, the area between kerb and rumble strip seems to be used as an unofficial cycle track.
More definitions of rumble stripDefinition of rumble strip in:
- The British & World English dictionary