1A large stone carved with runes by ancient Scandinavians or Anglo-Saxons.
- A rune stone put up by him in Västergötland in eastern Sweden in the late Viking age commemorates his wife's brothers ‘[who] met their deaths on active service in the East’.
- He also left a large monument, the Jelling rune stone, in memory of his parents.
- Tucked into the foundation of one Old Town building you can see an old Viking rune stone.
2A small stone, piece of bone, etc., marked with a rune and used in divination.
- During the reading my psychic used such ancient arts as numerology, astrology, palmistry, tarot cards and rune stones and even found hidden meaning in the color of my tie.
- If we denounce the 60s we should also denounce New Labour - crystal balls, rune stones, primal screams and all.
- Inside I had my rune stones, beads, shells, stones, dried rose petals, string, chalk, a compass, my dowsing crystal, bells, candles, incense and some necklaces I had made.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: rune stone
Definition of rune stone in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.