2 Computing The length of time a program takes to run.
- Further, heuristical simplifications are described to reduce run-times for the optimization process.
- New, much more aggressive models are needed, and unfortunately we will pay a heavy penalty in run-times and convergence.
- The algorithm run-time increases in polynomial time, and so the problem is called ‘P-type’.
2.1The time at or during which a program is run.
- Given the architecture's dynamic reconfigurability, objects with different operation cycles can be instantiated at run-time.
- At run-time, an in-memory representation of the structured data type is generated using information conveyed in the parse trees.
- Once the first preprocessing step is complete, the second step may be executed at run-time, while a user is inspecting, or visualizing, the input.
2.2A cut-down version of a program that can be run but not changed: you can distribute the runtime to your colleagues
More example sentences
- He is co-author of C# and the accompanying (but usually ignored) common run-time: Microsoft's version of a JVM.
- Plaintiffs indicate that he will testify that he was able to run and test various applications on these embedded run-times.
- Mono is a run-time and C# compiler, but the team has included just-in-time support an IDE, and intriguingly, both a Visual Basic runtime and a Java VM.
(Of software) in a reduced version that can be run but not changed.
- He spent a lot of time trying to force me to answer a question about how long it would take to download a JRE [Java run-time environment] using DSL or cable broadband.
- This job starts the local area multicomputer software, which is a user-level, dæmon-based run-time environment.
- What the company is releasing is source code for the database of automated solutions, the tools to develop solutions, and the run-time version of the symptom and detection engine.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of runtime in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.