- The basic monetary unit of Indonesia, equal to 100 sen.More example sentences
- The currency's losses - from 2,500 rupiahs to the U.S. dollar in mid 1997 to 8,500 in mid 2000, with plunges to depths as low as 17,000 in between - triggered capital flight massive enough to bankrupt much of the economy.
- He said that the biggest contributor to the price increase would be taxes and the weakening of the rupiah against the U.S. dollar.
- The policy was taken during the sharp depreciation of the rupiah against the U.S dollar.
Indonesian, from Hindi rūpyah (see rupee).
More definitions of rupiahDefinition of rupiah in:
- The British & World English dictionary