Definition of Russian thistle in English:
A prickly tumbleweed that is an inland form of saltwort. Native to Eurasia, it was accidentally introduced into North America, where it has become a pest. Also called Russian tumbleweed.
- Salsola kali, family Chenopodiaceae
- Tumbleweeds, the dense Russian thistles accidentally introduced to the west, are ubiquitous.
- Spartan herbicide has provided excellent control of troublesome broadleaf weeds, such as kochia, Russian thistle, and pigweed species in no-till sunflower research plots for the past several years.
- State laws typically identified plants by common name as noxious: Russian thistles and milkweed, for example.
Definition of Russian thistle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.