Definition of rustproof in English:
(Of metal or a metal object) not susceptible to corrosion by rust.
- The rustproof metal attachments in modern buildings are safer than some of the materials used in the old days, and structural components can be coated with epoxy to keep out moisture.
- Some folks inferred that ‘stainless’ steel was rustproof.
- A rustproof coated metal which is less expensive than aluminum or stainless steel.
verb[with object] Back to top
Make resistant to corrosion by rust.
- Many car manufacturers void corrosion warranty if you have your car rustproofed.
- Because they know that you don't have much experience in buying a new car, dealers will sometimes put on additional somethings to the final cost of the car such as ‘rustproofing,’ ‘environmental prep,’ and a host of others.
- Zinc futures rose to a seven-year high in London on concern production may fall further in China, the world's biggest producer of the metal used to rustproof steel, because of power shortages.
Definition of rustproof in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia