Definition of ryegrass in English:
A Eurasian grass that is widely grown as forage.
- Genus Lolium, family Gramineae: several species, in particular L. perenne
- Perennial ryegrass is a bunch grass suitable for hay, silage, or pasture.
- In this region, cool-season grasses such as fine fescue, Kentucky bluegrass and turf-type perennial ryegrass thrive.
- Tall fescue and perennial ryegrass are more resistant than bluegrass and Bermuda.
early 18th century: alteration of obsolete ray-grass, of unknown origin.
Definition of ryegrass in:
- British & World English dictionary