- A traditional Japanese inn.More example sentences
- I tried to book our ryokan today, and the woman couldn't understand a word I said, and was a tad rude, and I had to hand the phone over to Tamura.
- Upstairs is reminiscent of a Japanese ryokan, or guesthouse, and the former banquet room still contains the stage where Japanese officers were once entertained.
- Mr. Kawabata wrote the novel while staying in a small ryokan in Yuzawa Town, Niigata Prefecture (which now proudly refers to itself as ‘snow country’), in 1947.
More definitions of ryokanDefinition of ryokan in:
- The British & World English dictionary