1A hollow, flexible structure resembling a bag or pouch: a fountain pen with an ink sac
More example sentences
- Rain Reviva is a system of flexible plastic sacs for storing rainwater - or recycling waste water - under the house.
- As the air filled the sac, the balloon took on an impossibly long shape.
- Reseal the plastic sac and leave it rocking for 1 h at room temperature.
1.1A cavity enclosed by a membrane within a living organism, containing air, liquid, or solid structures.
- In the field of biology, biochemists have been studying vesicles, the small membrane sacs found within cells.
- Fistulas commonly extend from the rectal sac to the perineum or genital tract in a female, or to the urinary tract in a male.
- If chemicals are splashed into the eye, the eye and the conjunctival sacs should be washed out immediately with copious amounts of water.
- Example sentences
- The cnidarians (hydra, jellyfish, and sea anemones) and helminths have a sac-like digestive system with a single opening.
- Chlorosomes, found only in green photosynthetic bacteria, are large supramolecular sac-like complexes that are attached to the cytoplasmic side of the inner cell membrane.
- The saccular or cystic form is the most severe type and is characterized by a ballooning of the bronchi with fluid-filled, sac-like dilatations.
Words that rhyme with sacaback, alack, attack, back, black, brack, clack, claque, crack, Dirac, drack, flack, flak, hack, jack, Kazakh, knack, lack, lakh, mac, mach, Nagorno-Karabakh, pack, pitchblack, plaque, quack, rack, sack, shack, shellac, slack, smack, snack, stack, tach, tack, thwack, track, vac, wack, whack, wrack, yak, Zack
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan