1An act of sacking someone or something.
- Questions have been raised over the role of the Employment Advocate in the sacking of four workers at the Toorallie mill in Bombala in southern NSW.
- But the father of two had his dedication to the employee principles of discount giant The Warehouse vindicated after an employment court found the sacking was unjustified.
- The fall in investment and the contraction of the market leads to the sacking of workers and further decline in demand and so on.
2Coarse material for making sacks; sackcloth.
- Grey and smooth, the rocks have a fabric imprint, resembling coarse canvas sacking.
- These would be covered with layers of hessian sacking.
- And the idea of the wind chimes, oiled, wrapped and protected in rolls of aromatic hessian sacking, lying up in the dark of the garage loft against some future need, is pleasing enough.
Words that rhyme with sackingbacking, blacking, packing, tracking, whacking
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.