Definition of sacroiliac in English:
1Relating to the sacrum and the ilium.
- The anterior sacroiliac ligament connects the sacrum to the ilium in the same manner.
- Acupuncture was the treatment of choice for patients with one sided sacroiliac pain and double sided sacroiliac pain
- A bone scan with sacroiliac indices is indicated if sacroiliitis is suspected.
1.1Denoting the rigid joint at the back of the pelvis between the sacrum and the ilium.
- Two views of the involved joint should be obtained, with the possible exception of the sacroiliac joints and the pelvis.
- Ankylosing (immobility and fixation) of the back gives rise to the ‘poker back’, and sclerosis or fusing of the sacroiliac joints leads to immobility and low back pain.
- The earliest abnormalities occur in the sacroiliac joints and include pseudo-widening or narrowing from subchandral erosions sclerosis.
Definition of sacroiliac in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan