- A small steam locomotive with a water tank that fits over the top and sides of the boiler like a saddle.More example sentences
- The Duke of York took a ride on Eustace Forth, a saddle tank steam locomotive, when he visited the National Railway Museum yesterday.
- Thomas the Tank Engine and his saddle tank engine, Percy, return to the Embsay and Bolton Abbey Steam railway for a Day out with Thomas.
- These diesels solved the traction problem quickly and soon the little saddle tank steamers found their way to the scrap lines.
More definitions of saddle tankDefinition of saddle tank in:
- The British & World English dictionary