(also safety deposit)
noun[usually as modifier]
- A strongroom or safe in which valuables may be securely stored, typically in a bank or hotel: a safe-deposit boxMore example sentences
- The capsule contains the details of a safety deposit box in Swiss bank.
- Finding no takers, Hanna deposited them in a bank safe-deposit box in Hicksville, New York.
- If this doesn't suit you, consider placing crucial passwords in a sealed envelope, which you can lodge along with your will at your solicitors, or in a safety-deposit box at the bank.
More definitions of safe depositDefinition of safe deposit in:
- The British & World English dictionary