- A legislative seat that is likely to be retained with a large majority in an election.More example sentences
- McFadden last night insisted that the final decision on who defends Labour's 12,464 majority in the Midlands safe seat would be left with the members of the constituency party.
- They also tend to waste more of their votes piling up majorities in safe seats instead of capturing marginal ones.
- In fact Birmingham is looking a bit grim for Labour, with them expressing concern that they might lose Edgebaston, considered a relatively safe seat with a majority of 12.4%.
More definitions of safe seatDefinition of safe seat in:
- The British & World English dictionary