- 1A margin of security against risks.More example sentences
- Placing your hard-earned money with less secure firms in less well-regulated regimes because their offers are more enticing is simply taking on an increased element of risk and lowering your safety factor - perhaps unwisely.
- When no studies of the developmental toxicity of a pesticide have been undertaken, EPA should automatically incorporate a child-protective safety factor into risk assessment.
- Other benefits of a diesel installation of this sort include the safety factor (as there is less risk of combustible instances!) and increased deck space.
- 1.1 • technical The ratio of a material’s strength to an expected strain.More example sentences
- The nonlinear loading conditions of the plastic hinges were analyzed to assess their rotation capacity and shear strength, and a safety factor to prevent the progressive collapse was calculated.
- A series of plots of contours and critical surfaces corresponding to a number of stability ratios and tunnel depth to diameter ratios were devised and the relationship between the safety factor and stability ratio was obtained.
- The overall stability is governed by a failure mechanism passing below the structure with a safety factor of 2.11 under the undrained condition and 2.28 under the long-term drained condition.
More definitions of safety factorDefinition of safety factor in:
- The British & World English dictionary