- 1An orange-flowered, thistlelike Eurasian plant with seeds that yield an edible oil and petals that were formerly used to produce a red or yellow dye.
More example sentences
- Carthamus tinctorius, family Compositae
- In reality, this product is the thistle of the safflower plant.
- Common foods, which contain phytosterols, are chestnuts, sesame, safflower, sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
- Feeder watchers always appreciate safflower and thistle seeds, as well as suet cakes.
- 1.1 (safflower oil) The edible oil obtained from the seeds of the safflower.More example sentences
- For example, sunflower oil, corn oil, safflower oil are all rich sources of omega 6.
- In addition to almonds, ingredients include almond and/or safflower oil, sea salt, rice flour, tortula yeast and natural smoke flavor.
- Containing aloe gel, safflower oil, and almond oil, this potion felt creamy and nourishing and removed dirt and oil.
More definitions of safflowerDefinition of safflower in:
- The British & World English dictionary