Definition of safflower in English:
1An orange-flowered, thistlelike Eurasian plant with seeds that yield an edible oil and petals that were formerly used to produce a red or yellow dye.
- Carthamus tinctorius, family Compositae
- In reality, this product is the thistle of the safflower plant.
- Common foods, which contain phytosterols, are chestnuts, sesame, safflower, sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
- Feeder watchers always appreciate safflower and thistle seeds, as well as suet cakes.
1.1 (safflower oil) The edible oil obtained from the seeds of the safflower.
- For example, sunflower oil, corn oil, safflower oil are all rich sources of omega 6.
- In addition to almonds, ingredients include almond and/or safflower oil, sea salt, rice flour, tortula yeast and natural smoke flavor.
- Containing aloe gel, safflower oil, and almond oil, this potion felt creamy and nourishing and removed dirt and oil.
Words that rhyme with safflowerSchopenhauer
Definition of safflower in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan