- 1Canvas or other material used for making sails.More example sentences
- Dacron sails have also largely replaced canvas sailcloth.
- Constructed of fine sailcloth, the sails range from four-meter rectangles for beginners, eight meter for all around use and a large 11-meter sail for use in the lightest wind conditions.
- Nelson's ships sailed into action with sailcloth mostly coming from Dundee with Baxter's stamps all over it.
- 1.1A canvaslike fabric used for making durable weatherproof clothes.More example sentences
- None of my clothes fit and I had to have dungarees made out of sailcloth.
- Made of 70% cotton / 30% nylon oxford sailcloth with a 100% cotton poplin body lining.
- Most of them have good suits and bizdev-guy blue sailcloth shirts.
More definitions of sailclothDefinition of sailcloth in:
- The British & World English dictionary