- A sailing ship or boat of specified power or manner of sailing: the great ships were abominable sailers: sluggish and difficult to maneuver a four-masted motor sailerMore example sentences
- Savruga is a twin-masted gulet motor / sailer 23m long with a 6.5m beam.
- A fast sailer such as Constitution could make as much as 14 knots under sail, but heavier vessels tended to be much slower, a fact to which the Constitution owed her life on more than one occasion.
- Perhaps the Hood didn't deserve that epitaph, but since her launch in 1891, the 14,150 ton armoured monster had become known throughout the fleet as a good looker, but a lousy sailer.
More definitions of sailerDefinition of sailer in:
- The British & World English dictionary