- A glider designed for sustained flight.More example sentences
- I have been fortunate to have had the opportunity of spinning a variety of aircraft, from military trainers and fighters to general aviation aircraft, aerobatic aircraft and sailplanes.
- I have flown for over forty years with over 6000 hours of flying time - most of it in sailplanes, hang gliders, and tow planes.
- The new badge levels for hang gliders will no longer be the same as those for high-performance sailplanes; the hang glider badges will be split into flex wing and rigid wing badges.
More definitions of sailplaneDefinition of sailplane in:
- The British & World English dictionary