Definition of salad days in English:
plural noun(one's salad days)
1The period when one is young and inexperienced.
- In my salad days as an eager young university student, I came across a tutor who had something of a reputation for enjoying an occasional flutter on the stock market.
- So, in Denis Santry's salad days, when he was a young wild man living on his own, what did they call his little flat?
- But these were their salad days, and they were young and hopeful.
1.1The peak or heyday of something.
- The global fight-back appears to be working as the company is enjoying its own salad days after two years of the first business slump in its history.
- We reside in the salad days of global liquidity and speculative excess.
- We thought the salad days of heavy metal were long over.
from Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra ( i. v. 72).
Definition of salad days in:
- British & World English dictionary