Definition of salesman in English:
noun (plural salesmen)
A man whose job involves selling or promoting commercial products, either in a store or visiting locations to get orders: an insurance salesman
More example sentences
- Insurance companies in particular train their salesmen to sell policies to friends and relatives.
- Typically, the shares of the new megabank will be sold worldwide, allowing salesmen in every corner of the globe to get a cut.
- Somehow, it seemed that one of their salesmen was selling far more glass than any of the other members of the sales force.
- Example sentences
- From the beginning, Zacharia showed a grasp of the market, great salesmanship, and a willingness to fight.
- Through aggressive salesmanship, the opening of a new store in Minneapolis, and a refinement of his catalog mailing list, Kellerhals had managed to boost sales by 25%.
- Douglas Canning knew that starting a company would require leadership and salesmanship.
Definition of salesman in:
- British & World English dictionary