- A frame house having up to three stories at the front and one fewer at the back with a steeply pitched roof.More example sentences
- It was a saltbox style building with a second saltbox attached as an ell to the first giving the inn two identical facades when viewed from a corner.
- Mingling the best of old and new, the renovated saltbox remains faithful to its humble origins while accommodating the personality of its residents.
- Their domicile was a very simple affair, a clapboard saltbox with a ‘parlor’ and kitchen on the left side and two bedrooms on the right, built ‘in the round’, with no hallway.
More definitions of saltboxDefinition of saltbox in:
- The British & World English dictionary