Definition of saltbush in English:
A salt-tolerant orache plant sometimes used in the reclamation of saline soils or to provide grazing in areas of salty soil.
- Genus Atriplex, family Chenopodiaceae: several species, including the four-wing saltbush A. canescens of the western US
- New flora grew on the shore: Desert scrub, creosote bush, saltbush, and tamarisk.
- The saltbush Atriplex halimus is a chenopodiaceous plant well adapted to dry saline habitats and widely distributed in the Mediterranean Basin.
- A fruit commonly consumed by Silvereyes is the small, polymorphic berry (red, yellow, or white) of the fragrant saltbush.
Definition of saltbush in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.