Definition of saltwater crocodile in English:
A large and dangerous crocodile occurring in estuaries and coastal waters from southwestern India to northern Australia.
- Crocodylus porosus, family Crocodylidae
- Caught disturbing residents of Wyndham, Western Australia, a saltwater crocodile is restrained for shipment to a park.
- Seven farms operate in Australia's Northern Territory, raising saltwater crocodiles from hatchlings and selling their skin and meat.
- Unlike saltwater crocodiles, freshwater crocodiles generally do not pose a threat to humans.
Definition of saltwater crocodile in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.