Definition of saltwater crocodile in English:
A large and dangerous crocodile occurring in estuaries and coastal waters from southwestern India to northern Australia.
- Crocodylus porosus, family Crocodylidae
- Caught disturbing residents of Wyndham, Western Australia, a saltwater crocodile is restrained for shipment to a park.
- Seven farms operate in Australia's Northern Territory, raising saltwater crocodiles from hatchlings and selling their skin and meat.
- Unlike saltwater crocodiles, freshwater crocodiles generally do not pose a threat to humans.
Definition of saltwater crocodile in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India