(also shalwar /ˌSHəl-/)
- A pair of light, loose, pleated trousers tapering to a tight fit around the ankles, worn by women from South Asia, typically with a kameez.More example sentences
- Nowadays, fashion conscious Asian men are adopting long flowing robes, jackets and dhotis or baggy kameezs and salwars, with a shawl thrown over the shoulder.
- The standard clothing of men all over Pakistan is the salwar, loose baggy trousers, and kurta, a long shirtlike tunic.
- For convenience and ease of use, most modern women opt for churidars and salwars, with matching dupattas to give them the stylish look.
from Persian and Urdu šalwār.
More definitions of salwarDefinition of salwar in:
- The British & World English dictionary