- (In Indian and Southeast Asian cooking) hot relish made with vegetables or fruit and spices.More example sentences
- She said she cooked the grasshoppers and ate them with a little sambal (chili sauce).
- As we moreishly devoured grilled tuna marinated in sambal, lemon grass and numerous other exotic spices, I was amazed at how quiet the street was with only the odd person passing by where we sat alfresco.
- In Vietnamese and Thai cuisine the cool effect of mint is used to sooth the effect of a hot chili peppers and fiery sambals.
More definitions of sambalDefinition of sambal in:
- The British & World English dictionary