- (In some jurisdictions) the legally recognized union between partners of the same sex.More example sentences
- Voters in Maine, Maryland and Washington State became the first to approve same-sex marriage at the ballot box rather than through courts or legislatures.
- In November, Spain's highest court upheld a law legalising same-sex marriage brought in by the socialist government of Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero.
- His comments were seized on by supporters and opponents of same-sex marriage.
More definitions of same-sex marriageDefinition of same-sex marriage in:
- The British & World English dictionary