Definition of sand cat in English:
A small wild cat with a plain yellow to grayish coat, a dark-ringed tail, and large eyes, of the deserts of North Africa and southwestern Asia.
- Felis margarita, family Felidae
- Nature lovers take note, the area is home to the grey wolf, Blandford's fox, the sand cat and the ibex, as well as 110 recorded species of birds.
- The lovely, wide-faced sand cat could have preyed on some birds, but the habits of this desert species are little known.
- For example, visitors will be able to view, through a tunnel camera, black-footed cats and sand cats scampering through underground burrows.
Definition of sand cat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia