A small wild cat with a plain yellow to grayish coat, a dark-ringed tail, and large eyes, of the deserts of North Africa and southwestern Asia.
- Felis margarita, family Felidae
More example sentences
- Nature lovers take note, the area is home to the grey wolf, Blandford's fox, the sand cat and the ibex, as well as 110 recorded species of birds.
- The lovely, wide-faced sand cat could have preyed on some birds, but the habits of this desert species are little known.
- For example, visitors will be able to view, through a tunnel camera, black-footed cats and sand cats scampering through underground burrows.
Definition of sand cat in:
- The British & World English dictionary