- 1A dwarf North American wild cherry.
More example sentences
- Genus Prunus, family Rosaceae: several species, in particular P. depressa and P. pumila
- And the deep-toned bronze leaves of coral bells, barberries, purpleleaf sand cherry (Prunus x cistena), and burgundy fountain grass flatter the flowers as well.
- The Purpleleaf Sand Cherry grows in acidic, loamy, moist, sandy, well drained, wide range, clay soils.
- 1.1The fruit of the sand cherry tree.More example sentences
- There they ate sand cherries before sailing on, all night, in conditions too crowded to allow the men to lie down.
More definitions of sand cherryDefinition of sand cherry in:
- The British & World English dictionary