1A small flatfish that is found in the Pacific coastal waters of America.
- Genus Citharichthys, family Bothidae: several species.
- Chapter One starts with oysters, mussels and clams and subsequent chapters visit herring and shad, sablefish and butterfish, mahi mahi, halibut and sand dabs.
- Two other species of sand dab are found in California but are of minor importance.
1.1The sand dab fish as food.
- Seafood specialties include Pacific sand dabs with Swiss chard, poached lobster and grilled branzino, while non-seafood eaters can sup on foie gras and duck breast.
- Jim was writing to say that he enjoyed my column and that my references to sushi, sand dabs, and other seafood consumed at various milestones in the history of my former company, Gazooba, made him think I might be a closet chowhound.
- Over sautéed sand dabs, I told Colin that I wasn't sure there was a place for me in the new Gazooba or, more to the point, that there was a place for the new Gazooba in me.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: sand dab
Definition of sand dab in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.