- A long, narrow sandbank, especially at the mouth of a river.More example sentences
- Heidiphyllum elongatum was probably a relatively low-growing shrubby voltzialean conifer that formed dominant to monospecific thickets in areas of higher water table on a floodplain, or on sandbars within the braided river channels.
- On October 21st a sandbar at the mouth of a river just south of Dulag was surveyed for possible removal by explosives but was judged to be an impractical project.
- The goal is to stir up and redistribute sediment from tributary rivers downstream from the dam to enlarge existing beaches and sandbars, create new ones, and distribute sediment into drainage channels.
More definitions of sandbarDefinition of sandbar in:
- The British & World English dictionary