Definition of sandfish in English:
noun (plural same or sandfishes)
1A small marine fish with fringed lips that burrows in the sand, in particular.
- ● An elongated Australian fish (Crapatulus arenarius, family Leptoscopidae). ● A North Pacific fish (Trichodon trichodon, family Trichodontidae).
- The sandfish spends most of its time underground living in soft sand.
- The Australian government is trying to seed juveniles of sandfish, Holothuroidea scabra which were reduced by overfishing.
- Pacific Sandfish live in the Northern Pacific from California to Russia.
Definition of sandfish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan