- A person who does construction work underground or under water, such as laying foundations or building a tunnel.More example sentences
- Going underground, he reclaims this haunted, burrowed space of the city as a legacy bequeathed to him by his grandfather, one of the sandhogs who dug the tunnels of the New York subway, and reinvents himself as Treefrog.
- And a new tunnel is now being built by a fraternity of miners who call themselves the Sandhogs.
- One of the sandhogs' biggest projects right now is building Water Tunnel Number 3, which is the largest capital construction project in New York City's history.
More definitions of sandhogDefinition of sandhog in:
- The British & World English dictionary