- The Buddhist community of monks, nuns, novices, and laity.More example sentences
- Traditionally, prior to marrying and beginning his adult life, a young man entered the sangha (the Buddhist monastic order) and spent time as a novice.
- They are also joining ‘diversity committees’ to change the racial make-up of their sanghas, or Buddhist communities.
- Members of the sangha sect, a Buddhist religious order, have likewise traditionally adopted the responsibility for the care of the sick and injured in Buddhist countries.
from Sanskrit saṃgha 'community'.
More definitions of sanghaDefinition of sangha in:
- The British & World English dictionary