- 1A young tree, especially one with a slender trunk.More example sentences
- Buck rubs were a common sight on fruit trees and saplings in the fencerows and woodlots.
- Caging tree saplings and young shrubs is a good option where you have just a few to protect.
- Watch for larger saplings and young trees to noticeably increase in girth and height, but you'll have to look closely to see the nearly imperceptible addition of one or two annual rings on bigger trees.
- 1.1 • literary A young and slender or inexperienced person.More example sentences
- He is a lawyer who has served ShrubCo since he was a sapling in Texas.
More definitions of saplingDefinition of sapling in:
- The British & World English dictionary