- Relating to, denoting, or suffering from sarcoidosis.More example sentences
- Total RNA was prepared from purified T lymphocytes obtained from patients with sarcoid T-cell alveolitis or normal T cells or purified alveolar macrophages from patients with active sarcoidosis and control subjects.
- Immunocompetent cells infiltrating sarcoid lung have been evaluated by flow cytometry, confocal microscopy, immunohistochemical and molecular analysis, and functional assays.
- For deterioration of ocular sarcoid lesions, seven patients (stage 1, n = 5 and stage 2, n = 2) needed a long period of corticosteroid therapy.
nounBack to top
- 1A granuloma of the type present in sarcoidosis.More example sentences
- Epithelial lining fluid from active sarcoids contained elevated levels of interleukin-18, interferon-gamma, and interleukin-12 compared with recovered patients and also contained significantly higher levels of endotoxin.
- When sarcoids are removed, they have a high incidence of regrowing.
- Some friends who have had experience with sarcoids on their own horses looked at my mare and said it looked like sarcoid to them.
- 1.1The condition and symptoms of sarcoidosis: tissues affected by sarcoidMore example sentences
- Occasionally, rosacea may present with a granulomatous appearance that may be difficult to distinguish from facial sarcoid.
- The granulomas in sarcoid tend to be larger, more numerous, and more well formed than in PBC.
- The lungs are involved in more than 90 percent of patients, with sarcoid usually presenting as interstitial disease.
mid 19th century (in the sense 'resembling flesh'): from Greek sarx, sark- 'flesh' + -oid.
More definitions of sarcoidDefinition of sarcoid in:
- The British & World English dictionary