- A chronic disease of unknown cause characterized by the enlargement of lymph nodes in many parts of the body and the widespread appearance of granulomas derived from the reticuloendothelial system.More example sentences
- It is often idiopathic in origin, but may be associated with multiple sclerosis, sarcoidosis, syphilis, Lyme disease, and ocular lymphoma.
- The etiology of the systemic granulomatous disease sarcoidosis remains obscure.
- Amyloidosis and other infiltrative diseases, including sarcoidosis and haemochromatosis, can cause a restrictive syndrome.
More definitions of sarcoidosisDefinition of sarcoidosis in:
- The British & World English dictionary