- A crystalline amino acid that occurs in the body as a product of the metabolism of creatine.
More example sentences
- Alternative name: N-methylglycine; chemical formula: CH3NHCH2COOH
- However, the inhibition of 5 - ALA-ME uptake by sarcosine was marginal and not statistically significant.
- Elevated sarcosine indicates toxic exposures and/or folate deficiency.
- Abalone ovaries were homogenized in a Waring blender in solution D (4 M guanidinium thiocyanate, 25 mM Na citrate [pH 7], 0.5% sarcosine, and 0.5 M ß-mercaptoethanol) as previously described.
mid 19th century: from Greek sarx, sark- 'flesh' + -ine4.
More definitions of sarcosineDefinition of sarcosine in:
- The British & World English dictionary