Of or relating to tailoring, clothes, or style of dress: sartorial elegance
More example sentences
- Do you know a businessman who turns heads as he strides the city's sidewalks in his perfectly tailored sartorial elegance?
- Patients prefer doctors to dress in a semiformal style, but when accompanied by a smiling face it is even better, suggesting a friendly manner may be more important than sartorial style.
- I've dressed up a bit in deference to Evans's sartorial elegance.
early 19th century: from Latin sartor 'tailor' (from sarcire 'to patch') + -ial.
- More example sentences
- Sitting in his sunny front room silhouetted in the bay window, white t-shirt, tartan shorts and sports socks, he is sartorially the polar opposite of the traditional bow-tie and tails combo.
- Fortunately our appearance did not put off our new-found, sartorially elegant friends and we spent three days fishing with them, fishing mini-matches on two of those days.
- Certainly the more sartorially aware New Yorkers adore his stuff.
Definition of sartorial in:
- The British & World English dictionary