- A weight attached by a cord to each side of a window sash to balance it at any height.More example sentences
- The weight of the nail is enough to allow the cord to easily get to the bottom of the window so you can attach the sash weight.
- The bridge was constructed so that concrete counterweights in each tower raised the span, acting much as sash weights do in an old double-hung window.
- Sash cord is the woven cotton rope that was used to hold sash weights in old fashioned windows.
More definitions of sash weightDefinition of sash weight in:
- The British & World English dictionary