Definition of satanic in English:
1Of or characteristic of Satan.
- Yet as belief in satanic influence on suicides declined, so too did faith in the notions of punishing corpses and confiscating property.
- It is as though, having assumed the air of some merciful spirit on earth, they were in reality mere satanic emissaries in disguise.
- The Paschal imagery of Christ as the Lamb of God encouraged the wolf's satanic associations.
1.1Connected with Satanism: a satanic cult
More example sentences
- The girl I was talking about was initiated into a satanic cult - they use all sorts of methods to hold you in and that's why it's so difficult to have a successful exorcism.
- She believed that she was a pawn of a worldwide satanic cult that had used her to breed children.
- If he is found not guilty, will the search for the real killer be as vigorous or less vigorous as it was at the beginning of this case when they were searching for some satanic cult?
1.2Extremely evil or wicked.
- It was so scary, it seemed like the most evil satanic thing I'd ever seen or heard of, but multiplied by about a five.
- Final exams are the most evil, satanic, malicious event ever crafted by mankind.
- Call centres are too often the twenty-first century's satanic mills; but here the workers in this stressful business are given a dignified and humane environment.
diabolical, fiendish, devilish, demonic, demoniacal, ungodly, hellish, infernal, wicked, evil, sinful, iniquitous, nefarious, vile, foul, abominable, unspeakable, loathsome, monstrous, heinous, hideous, horrible, horrifying, shocking, appalling, dreadful, awful, terrible, ghastly, abhorrent, despicable, damnable
- Example sentences
- Driving to Madison I did pass a church with a huge sign outside proclaiming that it would, on Sunday, expose the true satanically evil nature of Hallowe'en to the faithful and the curious.
- That absolute certainty that Christianity is the only truth - and that other religions are satanically inspired - runs throughout the two weeks of the course.
- There may be people who are satanically motivated in a theological, philosophical sense.
Words that rhyme with satanicaldermanic, botanic, Brahmanic, Britannic, epiphanic, galvanic, Germanic, Hispanic, interoceanic, Koranic, manganic, manic, mechanic, messianic, oceanic, organic, panic, Puranic, Romanic, shamanic, talismanic, titanic, transoceanic, tympanic, volcanic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan