- An Southeast Asian dish consisting of small pieces of meat grilled on a skewer and served with a spiced sauce that typically contains peanuts.More example sentences
- Don't bother dithering over the appetizers, even though the lightly fried tofu with peanut sauce, chicken satay and green mango salad are all quite good.
- Coriander features in just about everything, save a dish of satay with a nicely savoury sauce.
- The food is an exotic mix of tapas and dim sum, so you eat chorizo and calamari one minute, spring rolls and satay the next.
from Malay satai, Indonesian sate.
More definitions of satayDefinition of satay in:
- The British & World English dictionary