- A bag carried on the shoulder by a long strap and typically closed by a flap.More example sentences
- All exercises are done in the classroom itself so that children are relaxed at home and need not carry satchels stuffed with heavy loads of textbooks and exercise books.
- White-coated show members with satchels hanging from their shoulders collect admission money at the gates.
- The man carried a small satchel on his back full to the brim with goods, but this year there were no customers.
Middle English: from Old French sachel, from Latin saccellus 'small bag'.
More definitions of satchelDefinition of satchel in:
- The British & World English dictionary