- A boat-shaped vessel used for serving gravy or sauce.More example sentences
- He also liked the taste of the béarnaise which was, however, hilariously congealed to the inside of the sauce boat.
- The resulting sheets showed silver on both sides and could be used for making articles such as sauce boats and entrée dishes that required silver to show on the inside as well as the outside.
- But the star lot here is a pair of George III sauce boats by Dublin silversmith Thomas Jones, whose work is much sought after.
More definitions of sauceboatDefinition of sauceboat in:
- The British & World English dictionary