- A grassy plain in tropical and subtropical regions, with few trees.More example sentences
- The lowlands include savannas, swamps, tropical rainforests, and semi-deserts.
- They can be found in a rich assemblage of habitats from rivers to caves, savannas, wetlands, prairies, lakeshores, and forests.
- At that time, the lowland savannas were settled by large numbers of farmer-herders who were ancestors to present-day Luo and Kipsigis.
mid 16th century: from Spanish sabana, from Taino zavana.
More definitions of savannaDefinition of savanna in:
- The British & World English dictionary